Guidelines On How To Ship Your Car Safely!
You are relocating to a different country and only worry you have is – how can I ship my car? Although, there are lot of car shipping services available but, it becomes really tricky to pick the best one. You would surely not want a shipping service which doesn’t handle your car properly and also, charges huge. There are many factors you must consider before hiring any car shipping company.
There are lots of companies operating online who can answer all your questions on – how to ship my car? You can get the quotation online and depending on the suitable one get the other details of shipment services. On sending the consent for further proceedings the details reach you online. Just be careful about genuineness of the company and ensure it by checking the authenticity seal on website.
Factors for shipping the vehicle – From the cost of shipment to its safety; ensure everything with the company. Enlist the type, model, weight, size and all the detailed features of your car. Check with your shipping company regarding the insurance details. This means you must gather details about the car insurance amount which is usually 2 to 2.5 percent of the estimated car value. You must also, enquire about the distance of car shipment. This includes – domestic or international delivery as, the estimate of delivery would be calculated on it. Generally, the packaging and handling charges are included in the estimate but, it is better you get clarity on it. Prefer for door to door and avoid picking your car from any shipment point.
Guidelines on how to ship my car –
- On zeroing down the shipping company get all the documents (contractual details) in writing. Ensure that all the documents are duly signed by both the parties.
- Thoroughly read the papers of consignment and do not even miss any minor detail.
- Double check with the shipment company about the quality of packaging and the material used to cover the car. If, possible personally check all the material.
- Always give the actual details and right estimated value of your car. Never try to hide any damages from the shipping company. This would help you get the right insurance amount declared for better coverage in case of damage and loose.
- Never leave any personal belongings in the car you are sending for shipment. Make multiple copies of the car papers (insurance, car ownership documents) and leave on in the car but, retain the originals with you.
- Take the pictures of your car from inside and outside just before it is sent for delivery. Retain this as proof till the car reaches you safe.